Veneers are an excellent way to make a drastic improvement to the appearance of your smile. We have compiled some information to help you better understand this aesthetic solution and whether or not they are right for you.
What is a Dental Veneer?
Dental veneers are a thin layer of either porcelain or composite placed or painted onto the surface of your tooth. Veneers can be used to:
- Whiten smiles
- Align uneven teeth
- Re-shape teeth
- Protect the surface of damaged teeth
- Repair chips and fractures
- Close tooth gaps
Are You a Good Candidate?
Veneers are not the best option for every person. There are several variables to consider and in some cases other treatment options might be a better solution. Factors taken into account when determining your eligibility are:
- Whether or not your teeth are functionally or aesthetically suitable
- The state of your oral health in general
- Your level of commitment – the tooth preparation procedure is permanent
- If the strength of your teeth can withstand the process
- Whether or not other less invasive procedures can address the problem
3 Types of Veneers
Porcelain – Porcelain veneers are thin ceramic shells that are custom made from impressions of your teeth. They are bonded on the front of the tooth to improve appearance.
Lumineers – Lumineers are the thinnest veneer option (similar thickness as a contact lens).
Composite (Bonded) – Composite is a resin that is brushed onto the tooth, then hardened under UV light and polished.
Veneers are an excellent way to dramatically improve the appearance of your smile in an instant. To get personalized advice and information, call Cornerstone Dental today at (979) 968-9451 or visit us online to schedule your visit.